Sunday, February 24, 2008

bloody basketball & belly dancing

Joined Jacky & Co for basketball this morning. someone had long fingernails -- one of which cut me on the flesh between fingers. I kept wiping the blood on my shirt but it just wouldn't quit so I ended up looking like a halloween costume. They gave me the Chinese version of Bactine to spray on my hand. Later when other guys got banged up (just bruises -- no broken skin) they also sprayed Bactine on which I thought was weird.
afterwards Jacky had me over for lunch. it's impressive how talkative he can be in his non-native tongue. we got to politics and although different in scale, in principle he was able to draw parallels between Tiananmen and the Bonus Army March -- which I was completely ignorant about.

in the evening I met Anna, Heather, Eugene, and newcomer Gabe at a middle eastern restaurant (complete with belly dancers, hookah, and burly Arab men in suits with greasy hair and fat neckties).

No comments: