Saturday, February 16, 2008

This afternoon Luke and I took the subway to Jacky’s apt where Vivian poured us some tea and gave us some dried dates which they’d brought back from their home town over Chinese New Year. Afterwards Jacky’s friend picked us up and took us to indoor basketball courts nearby. The floors were so slippery it was like playing on a clay tennis court. The Chinese played more physical offense than Luke or I expected but they weren't as intense on defense. I think we held our own and hopefully we’ll join them every week.
In the evening I’d organized a dinner at a local Indian restaurant. We were 11 in total – just about every friend I’ve made here so far.After dinner we went to a coffee shop and then somehow ended up at a karaoke bar (they call it “KTV” here). I sang Michael Jackson's "Beat it".

No comments: